FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone that has stayed at the new Staybridge Times Square?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:24 pm
Allitali

Back from our stay...

we stayed 3 nights at the Staybridge- the first night was paid, and the other two were reward night stays. Although nice and new, the place really fell short in several areas: only 3 elevators for ~32 floors (I think, we were on the 28th) Often, we would get on at our floor, and by two floors down the elevator would be full, yet it took forever, because we stopped at every other floor. Numerous times I tried to get in, and service personnel or bellhops had the elevator full. The walls are paper thin, and a family was up every morning at 7am with their noisy kids in their room and in the hall way- it was as if they were shouting at me from the foot of our bed- we heard doors slamming all night long. The breakfast and reception looked good, but there was far too little seating to enjoy it. Wifi was steady and reliable, but had to call down to get the password. Check in was okay, but unfriendly- I inquired about merging the reservations and was told I would have to come back down after the first paid night and checkout and back in. Okay, but turned out to be annoying as every time I went to the frontdesk it was four people or more deep. I think the place will be fine in some areas once they can work out the growing pains, and it was unfortunate we were there during a time where many guests stayed put due to their unforseen travel changes (volcano) I overheard they had to turn people away with reservations because people weren't checking out. Our TV didn't work, but a call down and they sent someone right up- I think our room may have never even stayed in before. Turns out it wasn't hooked up properly.

The pluses: they had decent wine at the reception and Stella Artois on tap. The place was nice and new and the bed was comfy. We had a nice view of the Empire State building when looking out our window. Also, the had a nice area to store our bags on the last day and were very accomodating about holding them and arranging a car back to the airport.

All in all, not overly impressed, but certainly not bad, especially for the money, new condition, and general location (The street is somewhat seedy, but not unsafe, and definitely close to the action of Times Square)