FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra golf resort and spa
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:07 pm
Svantevit

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
I give the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra a big ^ as well. Stayed there for three nights in January and it was easily one of the best hotels Iīve ever stayed in.

I can confirm all that Cupart says about the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra - they really deliver in the service department. One thing I really appriciated was being able to use the spa and pool in the evening on the day of departure before going to the airport after a long day of sightseeing the temples. It is one thing to be able to store your luggage when you have an evening flight - quite another thing to be able to use the pool and spa to freshen up before going on a intercontinental flight. ^^^

Temperaturewise, I can fully recommend going there in January instead of later on. The temperature was a mild 30 degrees and making it a pleasure to see all of the different temples in the area followed by coming back to the hotel in the evening to enjoy the magnificent pool.

The only annoyance was the usual one - you always have to chase the a-club points when staying outside Europe. Still havenīt gotten the promo points three months after the stay

Svantevit