FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Pacific Rim
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:16 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
We all get spoiled sometimes. So its important not to start thinking you have to have a certain room all the time.. or a sense of entitlement. I went to Hawaii and Maui.. no extra upgrades from what was guaranteed at reservation.

I bit my lip for a few days arriving at the Orchid, because they stuck us on the smoking floor the first day, and basically lied about the smoking aspect through their teeth. In fact, the managers there are programmed to say that the smoking happens only in a few rooms. In the end, I respected the way they conducted business. They moved us to the North Tower, and even though it was a hassle, I paid basically 35% less the price compared to the last time I visited and got a One Bedroom Suite thats 1,050 sq ft backing on the golf course with Ocean View. Turned out it was an excellent vacation.. the longtime employees knew us by name because of past visits.. we will once again try and stay there sometime.