FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50,000 on United for Visa deal
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:53 pm
wise2u

no go for me

My wife and I both applied on phone and were told we would be notified.
we both got letters hers was denied because they didnt have the annual household income (i sat next to her and heard her tell the app taker that answer) anyway after calling and getting that corrected they approved her immediately....my letter said too many request for credit or too many accounts....this is annoying because I only have a chase freedom which is a couple of years old and a sapphire card I just got and have already charged 1/3 of the required 3k spend....they said they denied me because I just applied and got the sapphire card a week before. I was told there is no set rule to how long is long enough between applications. I told them I wish i knew that unadvertised fact because the sapphire card is 25k points for a 3k spend, while the UA card is 50k points for a $250 spend and given the choice i would have gotten the UA card......she then tells me they can shut down the sapphire card and give me the UA card....i told her I already had 1/3 the required spend and wasnt going to pay it off and dump the card...I asked If i dumped my chase freedom card if they would give me the UA card and she said yes.....but looking at my account I realize that after next months statement I will have enough to get 1 last $50 cash back check, so I'm stuck...you have to have $50 minimum to redeem a cashback reward and they dont post until your statement turns over, so even if I pay my full balance I can't get my cash back until next statement prints.....By which time i will be in Jamaica, and by the time I get back on May 11th the UA deal is dead......I asked how long it was good until and she said May 11th....i hope she is as knowledgeable as the rest of the dumbass reps I've talked to and this deal is still alive for me when i return.....bottom line if you want 2 chase cards either get them at the same time or be prepared to be denied until at least a month after the first one.