FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Duty Free Best Finds
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:02 am
BiziBB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by fitzy7
I was in Beijing yesterday at T2 and bought a 750ml bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue for 809 RMB ($118.5 USD) from Sunrise Duty Free. I was planning on giving it as a gift to a coworker here in Korea, but a friend here is convinced its fake as a lot of the booze in China is fake. I know even Carrefour was fined for selling fake booze - but I guess Duty Free would be ok. I'm sure its fine but has anyone ever heard anything about fake booze being sold in Duty Free stores in China?

-- also the couple next to me accidentally grabbed my duty free bag (looked identical to theirs )while getting off the plane in Incheon, had to sprint like a maniac to catch them. Really hope that major exertion of energy wasn't for nothing!
Please report if it tastes like the real JWB! ^

I would expect it wouldn't be too difficult to work out which company has distribution of JW in China - and whether they have a problem with DF shops passing off counterfeits at the major airports. Hopefully not and I figure we'd read reports/ warnings.. then the DF biz would be killed very, very quickly there.