FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Capital One No Hassle Rewards - Why the hate?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 7:42 pm
Joe Blowe

Hi everyone... long time lurker making a first appearance here!

Based on my research here a few years ago, my wife and I signed up for a Capital One Orbitz Visa for use during international travel. As a matter of fact, it's our primary card while traveling due to the aforementioned: low fees, good forex rates, etc.

But, as already mentioned by several posters here, we only use it for int'l travel and never use it while at home in the U.S. Our balances are paid in full at the end of traveling, and we've never had a problem dealing with Customer Service (mainly due to our low volume, and luck ). I have no idea how many points we've accrued in the rewards program, and I really don't care.

Which leads me to my next question (hopefully it'll add something to the discussion -- apologies if it's considered a hijack):

Which Visa or MasterCard could work better domestically than a Capital One card? In our case, we already use American Express Blue Cash cards for almost all of our expenses and daily spending, so we're good there. We have an old Citibank MasterCard (again, with some amount of points I'm unaware of ), which we only use where we can't use the AmEx.

I've been looking at the Capital One VentureOne card (no annual fee, 1.25 points per dollar), but I'm still very aware of all the previous warnings regarding their customer service and the like. We have a brokerage account with Fidelity, so I suppose I could get their Investment Rewards Visa Signature card...

(Kicking myself for not getting a Schwab Visa when I first became aware of it.)

Last edited by Joe Blowe; Apr 18, 2010 at 7:52 pm