FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:39 am
torcross

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by Jon_Heng
Hi All,

I'm planning to go to dubai next year! Thou i know it's still a long time but i be planning to stay at Intercon. DFC. Basically i have a few questions :

1. When are their High and Low Season?
2. Being a Gold Amb. , if i book an Exec. Room what room would i be upgraded to?
3. Is it abvisable to take a city cab to the hotel or use the hotel's service?

Thanks!
Jonathan
High season in Dubai is from November - March and low season April - October (temperatures can reach 45 easily and you cannot walk anywhere outside)

I have always gone in either November or March and the weather is really really pleasant especially coming from the UK.

For my stay coming up in November as an Ambassador they will always give a one room upgrade they have upgraded my room type on points and I have a suite booking that they have upgraded to club rather than upgrade to a 2 room suite, all emails I have sent have been replied to very promptly.

If you have booked an exec w/o club they will either upgrade you to an club room creek view w/o club access or you could ask them to keep you in the same room but ask for club access, I know they are very good to RA's my brother booked with points and received a 1 bedroom suite for the first part of his stay and a 2 bedroom suite for the second part both with club access.

If you are coming from DXB I would just jump a cab from the airport expect to pay no more than 50dhm (£10) maximum as it is not that far.