FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion
Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:57 pm
airshadow

Originally Posted by frankiwa
Haha, Princess was legit! I received my United card just now, but they misspelled my last name. I don't know why the first application was not ever recognized by live Chase agents or the automated system in their system.

They received my second application for the same card that i applied for yesterday, that actually showed up in their systems. I called to check that one and they said it was still pending. They say if i am approved for the second one too, to just cancel that card within 90 days and that no record of any kind including a hard pull will ever show up for the second card. I wasn't aware of that 90 day cancel thing not making it show up on the credit report. Any ways, all is good on my end.
Too funny! I'm glad it was ok. I will admit that by following your "adventure" it made me realize just how important it is to be sure everything is legit. Sometimes we all have a tendency to jump right in on these opportunities but one can never be too careful. That's what I love about FT - it's proven to be a solid vetting community.

I'm sure you'll remember "Princess" for quite a while! I know you are relieved.