FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Deerfield (Illinois - N Chicago) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:55 pm
FindMeTravel

Programs: Amex Plat, DL Plat, UAL Silv, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Avis First
I've been staying at this property for the past few weeks. I agree with the OP and the post above that the lobby is pretty good, F&B is decent and the bartender runs a tight ship.

I also agree that the mattresses are below average and the noise from doors slamming is a common occurrence. In fact, if you’re a light sleeper, there other noises that would wake you up, such as the mini fridge or the sound of rain hitting the “extra wide” window frames on the 2nd floor.

This is an older property that they tried to modernize with minimal effort. The rooms are spacious but the furniture is below average and so is the bathroom. TV sets are old, although I was told that they’re getting flat panels at the end of April. I was also surprised by the “shabby” look of the hallways and elevators. Carpets in the hallways need replacement as well as room doors. Almost every room door is chipped or badly scratched from the outside, wallpaper is old, and there are little lights above each room door – probably used to be a “do not disturb” light that no longer works.

The gym is relatively well equipped with 3 treadmills and 3 ellipticals, free weights and 5 weight machines and there’s an indoor lap pool.

“Almost” all of the front desk attendants were qualified. One particular person is definitely incompetent and I’m not sure how he landed the job.

I love the Hyatt chain and Gold Passport, otherwise I would definitely be staying at the Westin few miles down the road.