FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Volcanic activity in Iceland delays flights to/from Europe
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:00 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
irops sop query

I was booked on 873 (FRA-YYZ) today (well, tomorrow for most ft readers), SE on L fare. After a harrowing planes trains and automobiles kind of day (I was supposed to fly BRU-FRA in the morning, as soon as I realized what was up I headed for FRA but not quick enough to get a train ticket, so I took the bus - I'm tempted to write a full report but am too tired), arrived in FRA and found a hotel after only about an hour
(Perhaps price-gouging is too strong a word, but the airport IBIS, which my taxi driver assured me was regular 69E was charging 229 for a single).

Through the good offices of my wife (I really should have updated my blackberry - it never even occurred to me it wasn't compatible for europe) and the SE desk, I am rebooked on Monday, which the agent told her was "worst case". Some of the earlier posts on this threat make me wonder. But the query is whether I will automatically be rebooked on the first flight to go out with space available. Is there any advantage to calling the SE desk if it looks like things are clearing up tomorrow?