FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation...what will MKE look like in a year?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:48 pm
flyYX

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
At this point in time for me the future of MKE in a year's time is rather cloudy. I believe AirTran will keep up the pressure in MKE since they are on a more level playing field as Midwest's presence gets less and less while Frontier expands their footprint here. I believe Frontier will and has to advertise heavy in the Milwaukee market to educate the general flying public. A new Frontier code share partner will be announce soon and I think it will be with AA. Southwest will probably stay around the same level that they are at today... I expect them to make more adjustments and maybe try a new route (MKE-DEN??) but I think they are in MKE to stay. Which is a good thing if you ask me. I expect some more gate shuffling too since MKE needs to better utilize the gates they have. We are 6 years into the 20 year airport master plan, so some projects on that wishlist might heat up for discussion within the next year.