FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR and STN will be closed today from 1200hrs local time
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:46 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by larsll
Now the bet is on; which flight will be the next one out!
According to lh.com and the MAN website all LH flights between MAN and Germany are cancelled for the rest of today.

I'm supposed to be flying MAN-DUS tomorrow morning with a connection to ORD on a BMI award ticket. I don't think there's any point in contacting anybody right now as tomorrow morning's flights have not been cancelled yet.

This is what lh.com's UK site says:

Volcanic activity Iceland

Due to volcano activity in Iceland, and the subsequent ash cloud contaminating UK airspace, many flights have been severely delayed and cancelled.
We regret the inconvenience caused by the disruption to your flight(s) and will make every effort to minimize the impact caused to you.

If you are affected, in this instance, by delay or cancellation we will rebook you onto the next available Lufthansa flight. A full refund of your ticket is possible should you decide not to travel. Alternatively, should you wish to rebook at a later date (conditions apply), we will be pleased to do this free of charge.

Check flight status on Arrival & Departure

Passengers on cancelled flights are requested to contact the Lufthansa Service Center

We sincerely regret and apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused as a result of this situation.
So what are my options? Because it's a BMI award do I need to contact ICC? Or possbily BMI's pre-travel support? Or since I'm already checked in and the announcement on lh.com tells you to contact the LH Service Center do I call the SEN line?

I should know the answer but when it actually happens I'm at a loss. Any advice? I need to fly out by Sunday at the latest.

P.S. According to this thread in the BD forum (haven't had a chance to check the BA forum) the forecast is not too good and by tomorrow morning some parts of continental Europe may also be affected.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation...1271331761.png