FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:01 am
chrisj85

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by mike101
I see this is your first post, welcome!

I was once a Silver on NWA and I remember getting upgrades, and 50% mileage bonuses among others. Today of course so much has changed. And now Silver's will have to wait last (after all FC and elites) to board. I wouldn't mind if this change was announced long time ago, but it's so last minute that even if it does benefit me as a DM, I know it's a wrong business practice. Who knows what other last minute modifications to the FF program we'll see in 2010. Delta promised the 2010 benefits which began on March 1, and approx 1 1/2 months later is making some major modifications to strip many benefits from the largest group of their elites. It makes you think that you now need to reach a minimum of Gold Medallion if you want exit row seats, priority boarding, and check in, or a decent mileage bonus to offset the outrageous mileage inflation.
Interesting point that DL waited until April 13th to announce these changes. Far enough into the new qualification year that it will be difficult (especially for the targeted Silvers who travel less) to switch their business to another airline and still accumulate sufficient QMs to get any kind of status for next year. If DL had been transparent and announced these changes back in December for the 2010 benefit year, I think it's likely that a significant number of Silvers would have jumped ship. I suppose we can now try to get a status match elsewhere, but I don't know how successful that would be for a lowly FO.