FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:38 am
mike101

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by Joka5063
It does take some kind of warped logic to create a perk for some customers by shafting other customers. So, as a lowly Silver Medallion LOW value customer, I will join the unwashed masses in the interminable checkin and security lines. What are you guys smoking in Atlanta?

I cannot wait to watch the craziness as Delta attempts to board zone 1!
I see this is your first post, welcome!

I was once a Silver on NWA and I remember getting upgrades, and 50% mileage bonuses among others. Today of course so much has changed. And now Silver's will have to wait last (after all FC and elites) to board. I wouldn't mind if this change was announced long time ago, but it's so last minute that even if it does benefit me as a DM, I know it's a wrong business practice. Who knows what other last minute modifications to the FF program we'll see in 2010. Delta promised the 2010 benefits which began on March 1, and approx 1 1/2 months later is making some major modifications to strip many benefits from the largest group of their elites. It makes you think that you now need to reach a minimum of Gold Medallion if you want exit row seats, priority boarding, and check in, or a decent mileage bonus to offset the outrageous mileage inflation.