FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Op Up's with Qantas flights operated by British Airways?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:24 pm
ozzie

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
That's bad news - it does sound like you're getting taken for granted and being passed over for op-ups. Or you're very unlucky. I thought it might be the "lack of opportunity to be op-uped by QF/BA due to not flying on them a lot" but that's clearly not the case with you on QF.

I'd be curious to see if I get zero op-up from QF this year.

I think more that the point is that international op-ups are exceedingly rare on QF. QF seems to able to convince people to use points to upgrade and this seems to happen more often than not enough to cover any operational issues. I've never has an international op-up on QF, but many on BA. BA exec club members are not leisure flyers with tons of credit card points they can use for upgrades.

On the other hand, QF domestic op-ups are common as people don't tend to use points to upgrade on these routes. If I remember correctly, KIWI FLYER rarely flies domestically with QF.