FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for noise canceling headphones
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:14 pm
2old4coach

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
FREE

Thanks for the info!

I thought I could do that and save $90. The QC-15 may be a top notch set but I question why I would need to replace the QC2 when it is practically new. I will call again to see if I can get the head band. When I brought that up before the Bose rep said there was a problem rerouting wires replacing the head band etc but I will try again at the Kiosk.

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by nmenaker
you should have gotten a free headband, or free set. That is basically the BOSE repair policy, I have had five pair in the past decade, haven't ever paid for a replacement or repair part even for items that are SEVERAL years old.

The headband on the QC2 v1.0, was a weak spot, I just had a pair from over four years ago, replaced for free (indeed, it did cost me 10$ to ship them to BOSE) but they were clearly out of warranty, I had no receipt and they shipped us a QC2 v2.0 model.

Also, for one with a broken pair of basically ANY of their NC line, many many many people call in are are offered the QC15, the new ones for 99$, or at leas a new QC2.0 v2.0 pair for the same 99$. This can also be done at a bose store and as some have reported extensively here on FT, at the BOSE kiosks in the airports. It isn't a stated policy in their T&C's or warranty, but if they continue to do it for basically all comers, then it becomes a defacto practice nonetheless.