FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus {TUR}
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:36 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I recently received the following information, which I paste in below, as part of a very nice longer note from the Hilton Istanbul concierge. (It came via an FT pm, probably in response to a message I posted in the Europe Forum, and looks legitimate.) We're arriving in Istanbul at 5 p.m. on Friday next month after a long trip from the United States. Of the options he offers below, my sense is that the best bet is the second one, the shuttle service, since we don't want to shell out 120+ Euros and don't want to bother with a multi-stop public transportation trip.

Anyone ever use this shuttle service? I realize of course that we'll be stuck in horrible traffic at that hour, but still suspect that the shuttle is the least worst option. But I'd welcome feedback from folks.

Also, once we get to Taksim Square, is it really that easy a walk? We'll be traveling fairly light, I think, with this carry-on wheelies. And if we would rather take a taxi, is it easy to get one at there at that hour, and how much would it cost?

Finally, anyone ever use the airport concierge service he mentions?

Thanks for any advice.

"As a Hilton Istanbul we do arrange Airport Pick Up Service with a fee of 120 Euro + Tax with Bmw 7 Series car.

There is a Ground Handling Company name Havas and they do have a Shuttle Service from the Airport to Taksim Square which is 10 TL per person. It's quite easy to walk from Taksim Square to Hilton in 10 minutes.

There is also Metro at the Airport and it goes to Aksaray in the Old Town then you should take the Tram to Kabatas. There is a small Subway called Fenikuler and it takes you to Taksim Square. This trip will cost 7.50 TL for 2 people.

In Istanbul there is alwys heavy traffic on Fridays & Saturdays so I do not recommend you to spend your time at the Airport.

...Also we do have Airport Concierge service and if you can provide me your flight details I can arrange free Meet and Greet service for you. Our greeter can help about your journey to our Hotel."