FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I could have been on the local news, but...
Old Jan 10, 2002, 10:50 am
tfjim

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GregL:
Anyways, when waiting around the St. Louis airport for my friend giving me a ride, I was approached by a local TV camera crew who asked if I was delayed. When I replied "No, I got in twenty minute early," it was apparent I wasn't going to be on the news. The cameraman then turned in my direction and commented "Yeah, it seems everyone is early tonight!" I guess he just wanted to get the story covered and go home. (Today's paper said there were 30 flights delayed due to another security screening issue here in STL.)
Greg
</font>
I saw this news piece the other night on Channel 4, our CBS affiliate, it was a terrible example of "make-a-story-out-of-nothing" reporting. Matt Sczesny did the report. Shameless. I'm glad you didn't oblige them in any way. Local news cameras are best avoided in all instances in my opinion.

In any case, they showed interviews with two people, both of whom said they landed 20-30 minutes early but then had to wait on the tarmac until a gate opened up (normal under any circumstances). Both people eventually disembarked on time or early (8 minutes for one guy).

Guaranteed there will be another cheezy story on tonight as they're at it again at Lambert.

http://www.kmov.com/news/News_storie...t_baggage.html