FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:27 am
bwhite

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
We hear you and have already posted as much. A totally separate team is working on that project.

SMI
SMI,

Thanks for taking the time to participate on this forum and to acknowledge that the award engine has issues.

I'll admit I was convinced the lack of low award availability was not a glitch in the system but a result of policy. I realize I may be incorrect in this assumption. You have stated more than once that DL is aware of award engine issues, but I would like to know that what I see as problems are the same problems that your team is working on.

I love many things about being a Diamond on DL. I appreciate most of the perks of the new Sky Priority program. However I have given up hope of reasonable award levels on your airline. As a result I have begun to shift my flying to AA. I flew with them on Friday rather than flying DL. I was in a position to choose and my company paid a slightly higher fare on AA for this trip. I am doing this because in every scenario when I attempted to book award travel AA was much easier and required many fewer award miles. Sky Priority doesn't change that.

If the "problem" your team is working on is to make the award engine visually more appealing or easier to use in terms of the number of clicks required to book a ticket, then I know I have made the right decision. However if your team is working to make award tickets available at lower mileage levels then I may be willing to reconsider my position.

This is your opportunity to retain a previously loyal DL elite. Can you describe the problems in the award engine as DL sees them and what your team has been tasked to work on?

Last edited by bwhite; Apr 11, 2010 at 8:58 am