FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa requirements for Indian passport
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:19 pm
abcx

Originally Posted by B747-437B
There are so many variables in play here that its virtually impossible to give an accurate list.

For example, Korea theoretically requires a visa but I've been to Korea twice this year on an Indian passport without one (as I am a resident of Canada traveling to/from Canada). Similarly with the Netherlands who will permit you (at their discretion) to obtain a visa on arrival at AMS Schiphol. Singapore will also grant a 72-hour visa on arrival to Indians who hold a foreign residence permit.
Bumping up a very old thread.

I have an Indian passport (one of the worst in the world for travelling BTW) and was thinking of going to S. Korea on my way from India to the US (with a valid F-1 visa) and vice versa. As per this page, am I correct in understanding that I will not need a tourist visa and that my onward ticket within 30 days will suffice? Also, am I right that this transit visa actually lets you landside? (It would be very foolish if they intended to leave you airside if your departure was within 30 days.) Would the airline give me trouble? I was thinking of going for about 15 days.

Of course, I will also confirm with the consulate, but I find it interesting that this is not mentioned on any of the official consular websites.

EDIT: The IATA visa database suggests this is only for Jeju island but the hi korea page is very explicit about transit tourists.

Last edited by abcx; Apr 10, 2010 at 4:25 pm