FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:53 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by hgdf
At least half of the time AS GA's will protect the F cabin by pre-boarding F before Golds seated in Y. However, on a lot AS flights there aren't any Golds in Y, so it doesn't matter. The problems arise when you get an elite heavy transcon flight where the Golds try to edge out the F pax. I've witnessed a few folks get a bit testy in the boarding area in these situations.
Correct.

Remember, AS's elite base is nowhere near the size of DL/AA/CO/UA/etc [only 35,000-40,000 Golds inc. the MVPG75Ks].... It is extremely rare to see more than 10-15 Golds on one flight [except for SEA-ANC] and quite commonly there are absolutely 0 Golds in Y, because they all have been upgraded ... On 2 of my AS flights this year, I was the only Gold...

With that being said, what you may have experienced with AS regarding Golds boarding with F passengers is going to be nothing compared to what you might will experience on DL with SkyPriority...

Last edited by golfingboy; Apr 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm