FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reassigning affinity points/miles after death
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:52 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
Here's a tricky question...

If one were to croak, what would be the best way for one's family members to use the points and/or miles in one's account?
AA: deceased's account number + password and make booking online or over the phone using your own charge card

BA: deceased's account number + pin and make booking online or over the phone using your own charge card

BD: deceased's account number + password and make booking online or over the phone using your own charge card

DL: deceased's account number + pin and make booking online or telephone over the phone using your own charge card

UA: deceased's account number + password and make booking online or telephone over the phone using your own charge card

Hilton: deceased's account access details and make booking in name of intended guest online and/or over phone

Hyatt: deceased's account access details and make booking in name of intended guest online and/or over phone

ICHG: deceased's account access details and make booking in name of intended guest online and/or over phone

Starwood: deceased's account access details and make booking in name of intended guest online and/or over phone

In all cases, facilitated if changing an address first.

I've created a master list of accounts/account access info so that the dear to me can use the miles/points I've acquired as deemed appropriate for the circumstances applicable in the event of the inevitable.