FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:34 am
Globehopper

Originally Posted by GaryD
I haven't seen very much evidence of such "pride." In any event, T7 is not really BA's "very own terminal;" UA's name on it is just as prominent, and UA has both its Red Carpet Club and an International First Lounge within. UA's *A partners US and NH also use T7.

Move LH to T7, and let it take over the BA lounges.

Move JL to T8, since expansion is in the works anyway.

No more need for DL and KL to use T4. Everybody happy.

Where do I send my bill?
Send the bill to the PANYNJ.

Our friends at BA would be chagrined at your comment about "pride." Here's a comment from the CEO:

http://www.observer.com/2008/termina...out-air-travel

Note that they just spent another $30 million on T7.

While UA is displayed on T7 exterior, T7's "ownership" (technically a long term lease) belongs to BA.

LH and JL as founding members of TOGA (Terminal One) are not likely to move without serious incentives. They're not just mere tenants; they've invested serious $$$ there, just as BA and AA has elsewhere at JFK.

Indeed, LH recently opened a new First Class (in addition to Senator and business class) lounge there. JL and LH like having a terminal which they can call the shots as joint landlords (party of four when it opened), not as tenants.

Essentially, the terminals at JFK is a game of musical chairs, where the music has stopped and AA, BA, B6, JL all have shiny new (or relatively new) terminals, and DL has two old ones.