FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:58 am
GaryD

Originally Posted by Globehopper
Since BA is very proud of having their very own terminal at JFK (and for that matter anywhere in the US), I doubt that they will willingly give up that terminal easily--particulary after investing so much $$$ in upgrading T7.
I haven't seen very much evidence of such "pride." In any event, T7 is not really BA's "very own terminal;" UA's name on it is just as prominent, and UA has both its Red Carpet Club and an International First Lounge within. UA's *A partners US and NH also use T7.

But as far as BA's investment in T7, I don't know how that is reflected in "ownership;" would BA have to just write it off, if it moved? Seems unlikely, but you may be right, there.

Originally Posted by Globehopper
DL needs new terminals at JFK; the question is where to go for "swing space" during construction?

One idea that I've heard discussed by an informed source was to try and relocate all or some of the current T4 tenants to T8, and then give over T4 to DL during the period of construction.

I doubt that AA would want to assist in that process so that DL could benefit from a new JFK terminal.

Alternatively, moving BA to AA allows DL to use T7 and T6 (if also needed) as swing space, with T7 being attractive since they have FIS facilities. Again, hard to imagine that BA would willingly go along to benefit a competitor.
Move LH to T7, and let it take over the BA lounges.

Move JL to T8, since expansion is in the works anyway.

That opens up two sets of lounges and gates in T1 for Delta and Skyteam (in addition to the existing AF). Add an airside shuttle to T4, pending the renovation of T2, which will connect airside with T1. No more T3.

No more need for DL and KL to use T4. Everybody happy.

Where do I send my bill?