FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceline guests get a bad rap? How to fix?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:15 pm
TeaEarleGreyHot

Originally Posted by jackal
Trust me, dealing with cash is painful. We actually don't even accept cash at all at our office.
You don't trust me, why should I trust you? And you don't accept cash? Bizarre.

What a unpleasant world you must live in. Most people, you know, are honest, decent, and hardworking. Most of us return lost purses/wallets/children, correct the cashier when s/he gives excessive change, and pay our bills on time. We help old ladies (and gentlemen) across the street, smile to strangers, and obey the speed laws even when there's not a policeman in sight (e.g., it is good & proper to respect the neighborhood and their established speed limits).

You seem to choose to assume the worst about people. Solely on the basis of their acceptance of the price you yourself made available on Priceline. Not only offensive, but definitely not someone I'd want to do business with. Are you sure you don't work for a big bank? Sounds more like the mentality of those who unilaterally and unexpectedly triple the monthly payments of good and loyal credit customers, driving them into poverty or bankruptcy. "Give 'em a push and see if they'll fall over" attitude.

Some day I hope you are able to see the goodness in folks, accept kindnesses without suspicion, offer anonymous charity, and understand that cheerful and wholesome travelers can come from any "socieo-economic statum". When you start looking for the good things in people instead of the bad, the whole World will be a happier place for you.

1. Bad things happen. There are bad people.
2. Many more good things happen, and there are many more good people.
3. Don't burn the whole village just because someone took two portions of rice.