FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome: St Regis or Westin Excelsior? 2008 on [Master Thread]
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:29 pm
kiaj

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Delta, AA, United, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by nologic
Interesting. Neither are now Luxury Collection properties? I think they both used to be (4-5 years ago?). I stayed there as part of the SPG Platinum Luxury Collection 3 property promotion. For our 3 Luxury Collection properties, we stayed at the Park Tower in London, Europa and Regina in Venice, and Excelsior in Rome. Now, it looks like many of the Luxury Collection properties have been deleted from the Luxury Collection. Wonder what happened?

I do find it strange as well that it's no longer Luxury. The Westin Excelsior in Naples is still Luxury, and the room rates are half the price of the St Regis Rome and Westin Excelsior Rome hotels. Also just FYI, the ones in Rome are not both Category 6 right now, the Westin Excelsior is a Category 5 (12,000 pts per stay). This is definitely a recent development (within the past two months), as I was looking up the rates in February and they were both Category 6 at the time.