FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upsell Offers From UA For Business/First Seating (Time of Purchase, OLCI, or Gate)
Old Apr 4, 2010, 4:37 am
Downunder girl

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by sim510
I was hoping there would be a quick way to find IAD-ZRH flights, but I have not figured that out just yet. I'm reading backwards, from page 178, or somthing like that... and I'm at about page 160. So far, no IAD-ZRH, but I did see IAD to FRA... similar distance.
You could try searching within this thread for IAD ZRH and see if that works .

I found this as the first of many posts in my search, for instance:

"IAD-ZRH on March 7th: Paid C -> F on 763 for...

IAD-ZRH on March 7th:

Paid C -> F on 763 for $750.

I was in NC, and probably would have done it, but they refused.

I'm glad they're protecting the F cabin (which they... "

Good luck.

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Well, from last weeks experience I bought LAX-NRT at the Kiosk and after that has been confirmed I asked the TA how full C is and she said "there are 7 people on the Upgrade list right now".

Same for my flight to ORD 3 weeks ago, gate screen showed 12 UG requests and I did my UFC just 40 minutes earlier.
Well according to the UA S*PMO/UG-UFC rules, that should not happen:

"HOW DOES IT WORK? - WHQIM IDENTIFIES ELIGIBLE FLIGHTS AND CLEARS ALL NF/NC PNR WAITLISTS. WHQIM WILL ALSO ALLOCATE ADDITIONAL NF/NC INVENTORY....."

And: "MP AND REVENUE CERTIFICATE UPGRADES TAKE PRIORITY OVER UFC UPGRADES...EVEN ON THE DAY OF DEPARTURE. - PLEASE CLEAR UGDG LIST PRIOR TO SELLING UPGRADES AT THE GATE.

* Bolding mine.

Yes, we suspect it probably does happen sometimes, but it is hardly fair to those high status flyers waiting on their upgrades to clear with supposedly "confirmable" upgrade instruments given for their loyalty to UA and it is against the rules .

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm Reason: merge