FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Munich Hotels (consolidated thread)
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:53 pm
Cheetah_SA

Programs: BA BD SA
Recently stayed at the MO Munich and just wanted to comment on a rather mixed food experience we had in what they term their bistro. I gather this eatery is very new as even the services directory made no mention of it. It is a small area in the lobby which is fairly relaxed (and we chose it becase we didn't want a formal experience) and offers a limited, but quite adeqaute, menu as well as anything on offer from the bar menu. In addition they were having some sort of an Asian food celebration. This gave us quite a big choice and my partner chose a steak while I ordered nasi goreng from the menu of "Asian specials".

The food took forever to arrive and at one point an apology was made informing us that the steak had to come from the main kitchen. When it finally arrived my partner's steak was superb in every respect. My nasi goreng was the most boring rendition of that dish I have ever eaten. Admittedly it is not the most exciting dish in the world but it it is great comfort food and I had hoped that such a fine establishment might have an exciting take on the dish if they didn't want to be purely authentic.

It seems that food from the main (Michelin starred) kitchen is fantastic but you take your chances with anything else. Service was adequate but rather patchy as there were only two tables occupied and only one server on duty so when she was otherwise occupied things ground to a halt.

All in all not a very succesful idea by the MO Munich management and could do with a rethink IMHO. Otherwise I was very happy with our room and the service generally.

Last edited by Cheetah_SA; Apr 3, 2010 at 3:01 pm