FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Megabonus...Downgrade?
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:06 pm
piyush

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
If your 30 night "stretch" is only one stay, it'll only bags 2500 extra points, and none at all unless it is your second stay.

I am sure I've read that Golds have been able to change their promos, sometimes, but not that simple, I dont think you have any chance without status, but that 30 day stay seems to me to be your best bargaining chip.

I'd call MR and ask for a taste of Plat challenge, that'll give you Plat membership immediately on condition you stay 16 nights in the following 3 months, which will be a synch with what you've got planned. Then, a few days before checkin call up and explain your position, you should be able to upgrade your megabonus to a nights based one, 15 nights for 20k, 20 for 25k... After all, you're a plat!
Originally Posted by piyush
Unfortunately they were not willing to give me the platinum challenge. They did give me the gold challenge and my status has been updated already!! I will call them tomorrow and see if they will change my Megabonus promo.

Will post an update tomorrow.

Thanks again!

My stay starts in early April and goes through early May. That means I will credit for all the nights I stay in April, correct?

Thank you so much for the suggestion . Worked perfectly ^^^. I am enrolled in the 25night/50 k promotion!