FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has any one flew UA 927 FRA-SFO recently?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:56 am
N1120A

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by usa18dca
I had a 1:55 connection in FRA...inbound was late...busted...not worth the forced overnight since LH is so stingy they won't pay for a Hotel or anything even to * Gold Customers on a Y Fare...
Some teeth grinding and fast talk in German helps with LH, sort of like hand waiving and Italian in Italy ;-)

Originally Posted by ianlin
I just finished talking with go-today.com, where I booked this trip. The lady I spoke to claimed FRA is one of the "easiest" airports to navigate. At any rate, it will cost more than $1000 to change the flight. So, it will probably be cheaper to pay for one night of hotel in Frankfort than to change the flight. She confirmed to me that UA 927 is a code share with Lufthansa. If we do miss the connecting flight, who should I talk to, Lufthansa or UA?
It will assuredly be cheaper to pay for a hotel, but you would be wise to insist on a hotel room because the airline did the booking. If that doesn't work, I would write the airline when you get home and also invoice the hotel room to go-today.com.

As far as navigating FRA...

Originally Posted by Downdog
This is the first time I heard anybody saying "FRA is one of the easiest airports to navigate." I can't think of anyone who would agree to that.
Its not so bad past security, especially if you are staying in the same concourse. Also, experienced FRA travelers can pretty easily handle it.