FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checking Someone Else's Bag - What Will Happen At Check In?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 4:43 am
LeisureFirst

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
[QUOTE=bealine;13689487Q2 is ambiguous - most people assume that "have you been given anything to take on the flight?" means "have you been given anything to take into the cabin?" and they don't really think about their baggage![/QUOTE]

I don't have any confusion with Q2. I've always assumed it to refer to all my baggage.

I find Q1 more challenging. If my bag is left in a hotel's left baggage facility, does that count? What if it's sitting by my desk at work and I'm away from my desk for half an hour? What if I proceeded straight from hotel check-out to a waiting car, but the bell-boy took my suitcases ahead of me and they were out of my sight for two minutes?

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Level 3 screening requires that the bag be screened via either hand search, via conventional X-ray at different orientations or via an EDS certified scanner with multi-orientational imaging.
Is the the screening process for dodgy-looking people at TLV (around 20% of pax, I'd say) Level 6 or Level 10? It takes over one man-hour and the people doing it (two or three in parallel) are very intense and professional.