FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wheelchair and Carry-Ons
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:22 pm
BurBunny

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, too many cruise programs to list
Originally Posted by flyingwheels
As far as the 2 carry ons; it's easiest on everybody around (incl. you) if you can travel in such a way you can deal with the bags yourself during airport 'travel'. I always travel with at least 2 carry ons (have to lug along a fair amount of meds, medical supplies, some wheelchair parts etc.). What I do is use a standard carry on spinner trolley. Because of the fact it's a spinner (4 360 degrees turning wheels underneath) it is very easy to take along. I simply put it in front of my chair, both feet very loosely on both sides of the trolley. As my chair is being pushed, the carry on will naturally stay in place and drive the front of our little train. It puts no extra work on the pusher nor on me.
I do wish I could adjust my bags to another configuration, but because this happened during my trip, I'm forced to deal with what I have. However, I do think I should be able to wheel the bags in front of me with little problem. At least I'll try that. My rollaboard isn't a wheelie, but is easy to maneuver.

Appreciate the advice and info on this and the lounge.

Anyone else with helpful hints for the carry-ons?