FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Window shade etiquette--what should I have done?
Old Oct 26, 2001, 6:16 am
ryker

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
You want an honest opinion. Here is mine. Good for you. Who did she think that she was talking to? You are a first class passenger, and I assure you that at BA the person would have been reported by the Cabin Service Director for insolence. Indeed that applies to any passenger but particularly to the premium cabins.
</font>
On a recent flight LHR-SIN I noticed that the flight attendants asked everyone to close their blinds. Everyone complied. It was night and dark outside so there was little to see anyway. After a few hours as daylight approached, (over the Aral Sea) as I remember, the passenger in front of me attempted to peek out and was pounced on and I mean pounced on by a young FA who was really angry. He pulled it down. Shortly after that he pulled it up again and began to take one or two photos of the Himalayas, the view was spectacular. The same FA came back and had the same argument. This time the guy argued back. She went and got the senior FA who insisted that he close the blind and went off and made a cabin announcement that woke everyone up anyway. He did close it but was shaken up. His wife kept pleading with him to just do as they say to stop the trouble. Passengers even said they didn't mind. I remember there were a lot of Australians on board and I felt ashamed to be British. The blinds stayed down until 20 minutes before landing in Singapore.

[This message has been edited by ryker (edited 10-26-2001).]