FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Banff Springs
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:57 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thanks Kokinko's!
Is 1051 bigger than what I have posted here? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13671821-post68.html
Also, how does 1054 compare to that room in those pictures?

If you could take a picture (even from the outside) of the patio of 1054 that would be great. I can't quite picture where it is in the hotel. Also, if you are walking down any of the hallways, can you check the last 2 numbers on the doors as I described in the Suite Upgrade thread:

(I wish i remembered, but when you walk down the hallway (out the elevator, to the left), and down the hallway, it is the 2 doors on the right hand side at the first corner you reach. One door is before the corner (bedroom), one door is after. (living room))

Thanks again! Enjoy your stay! This little Fairmont group we have on FT is a great group of people.
If you can imagine 1051, flip it over like a mirror almost exactly and you've got 1054.. I guess some FTers says 1054 is a bit smaller, so I would go with that observation as I've stayed in both, and can say that I don't remember 1051 to be smaller. Come to think of it, the living room was a tiny bit smaller in 1054, and maybe the bathroom too.. but not enough of a difference to say that this is meaningful. Both have turrets and are beautiful. A better view of the valley out of 1051, and a better look at the hotel skywards as well as a look down Spray(?) Valley, as well as the dramatic Valley View. For dramatics between the two if you're entertaining would be 1051. I wouldn't be choosey though, either is a magnificient suite.

Edit: The bathroom in 1051 is marble, and the bathroom in 1054 is regular tile. This is what my wife remembers.