FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Chiang Rai, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:38 am
kats

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I was at this hotel for 3 nights with my family. We took a taxi from the airport for 200 baht. Hotel transportation would cost 600 baht for the 10 min ride. No buses from the airport.

We were assigned a regular room on the 4th floor the first night. Having read this thread, I requested for a grand deluxe room the next day. The reception lady told me "Yes, there is one room available." I don't think the grand deluxe wing was even half full. The impression of the hotel would have been much nicer if the larger room were offered without having to ask for it.

Anyway, the grand deluxe room was spacious and very nice. No chocolates though. They offered free breakfast and 2 glasses of drink at the bar as P benefits. Even though Champagne was not on the free drink list, they still let me have it, which was great. I also liked the breakfast noodles bar and a wide variety of Asian food. Yes, as OP mentioned, their coffee was good! The Italian restaurant by the river was so good that we had dinner there 2 nights in a row. The hotel is great when one wants to relax in a quite, rural Thai atmosphere. We definitely want to return to this hotel soon.