FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Disneyworld, Orlando, FL [Master Thread]
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:07 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
CarolDisney1, let me clarify my point. If it's an adult four-star resort you're looking for, the Disney Resorts are clearly lacking in what would be basic elsewhere. If you're looking for a place where your kids are going to have the most memorable experience possible, the Disney Resorts cannot be beat. For example, eating at Wilderness Lodge means mediocre food in a loud dining hall. To kids, it's the most fun meal ever with really good food. While I see and agree with your points, I still think the Disney Resorts are the way to go with kids. Several of the resorts have Concierge packages which give you access to very nice lounges which, again, are extremely kid friendly.

Personally, if it's Disney, the point is the kids. I get more out of seeing their reactions than I get personally from any luxury resort.

While you may have seen many kids at the JW, my guess is those kids were not having the magical experience of staying at Disney. They didn't have the river parade out the window as they went to sleep. They didn't have the character notes waiting for them when they went to bed, which often specifically mention an encounter in the Park earlier in the day. They were likely having a more adult experience. "Not seeing any issues" is a far cry from the kids having an experience they will talk about to their kids. For me, the kids' reactions trump my need to be pampered.