FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Chester (formerly Hoole Hall) {GBR}
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:55 am
WelshGirl

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
One night stay last night.
Well kept grounds and the whole place seemed new and sparkly.
Warm welcome at check in (with cookies)politely told that there were no upgrades ever for diamonds as the next rooms up were suites so I had a choice of 1000 points or free breakfast.
Room was small but clean with a very comfortable bed , just a few scuffmarks on the white walls. No robes or slippers but tea, coffee and kettle, fridge and large tv.
Wine, chocs and water for us in room according to the welcome note ( though we had to ask for the water).
Lots of parking, and it was about £11 in total for taxis to and from the city centre.
The spa area was lovely except that the music inside the steam rooms etc was WWAAAYYY TTTOOOO LLLOOOUUUDDD ! Lovely outside bit to the jacuzzi.
The bar was quite busy in the evening £9.60 for a pint and a g 'n' t.Friendly staff We ate in the Marco Pierre White steakhouse which was very comfortable with well spaced tables and good service.
The food was good though WelshBoy prefers the steaks at the Gaucho Grill, his bearnaise sauce was excellent. We had a lager, one glass of house champagne, two mains and 1 starter as well as bread and the bill was £69 which is reasonable value.
Breakfast was ok, but only hot plates were available ( no good to put yoghurts/ pastries on) and the conservatory floor was very dusty from the previous night ( I think that the new carpets are still shedding ) , it needs to be vacuumed before each service I think.
Staff were all helpful and smiley.
Will definitely return , hopefully for Christmas shopping trip.
WelshGirl