FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You thought Kip was an idiot, Try this one
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:31 pm
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Dan_E
Yessir, my mind is open to that fact. But slamming it shut after the FIRST reported statement? I would hope to have a few more reports or facts come in, maybe some other reporters takes on it. I will look at the blogs, listen to the word on the street, hear other points of view. I might read the full transcript, listen to a few folks in places like TSS, and balance ith with my own value system.

I guess I missed some other posts showing this nominee with his dentures wrapped around his loafers and other obvious gaffes, because surely the pots wouldnt be calling this keetle black about close-mindedness?
News of his nomination wasn't anything new, and he was discussed. Some were skeptical (including me). Others, like Flies, thought he might be good. Search for the thread and you'll see.

But if we have nothing to go on but this statement to Congress, isn't what he says to Congress worth something? Or should we just discount it because he hasn't said "enough" yet?