FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:58 pm
itsaboutthejourney
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by AirlineDeregulation
The Sheraton is my top pick at LAX. It's usually pretty cheap, it's close, and I like the Shula's 347 Steakhouse.
Shula's 347 has been closed and is now Paparazzi. Still the Sheraton is a great hotel in terms of the usual airport drearyness.

Originally Posted by Bowgie
In fact, with a light roller-board and a cool sunny day, it would be quite feasible to walk a few blocks from the Crown Plaza, for example, on Century Blvd to the Southwest Terminal -- if you are the type of person who enjoys walking (along a exhaust fume-choked busy highway).
The Crown Plaza is actually 2 blocks further than you say. Even the Sheraton is closer.

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
As noted in post #18, LAX requires hotels to share shuttles, in order to (try to) reduce vehicle congesion. Some shuttles serve two hotels, some serve three. For example, the Radisson shuttle also serves the Crowne Plaza.
As much as I love the idea of saving congestion and pollution, the company that got the contract for these hotel shuttles must be making a ton of money off their scam. Just the other night I waited 30 mins for a shuttle that serves Sheraton, Embassy Suites & Courtyard. Meanwhile other hotels shuttles came by 3x during my wait. I have this experience monthly.

If the OP really wants to walk, it's the Rashdisson or Courtyard. Sadly LAX has nothing like DTW, ORD or MCO.