FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:28 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by damonnoah
"Doable" eh? That sounds suspicious at best

I've done CDG before and it is a very hectic airport. My only giving on this flight through FRA is it appears to be in the same terminal albeit different councourse. The outbound flights generally look pretty good for being on time. Is doable in an hour and 15 minutes a 'no problem' or doable is 'maybe you'll get lukcy'? thanks,
Let's put it this way. I would go ahead and book this connection without hesitation for myself. If by any chance I misconnect there is another flight 4 hours later and I won't be travelling with a 5 and a 2 year old.

But I hesitate to write 'no problem' as I don't want to be held responsible should you misconnect. I assume you will be on one ticket btw?

If your IAH flight arrives at an A gate and your NCE flight departs from A or B, you will not only be in the same terminal but in the same part of T1.

I haven't been through CDG for a while now but if I remember correctly in order to go from one part of the same terminal (T2) to another you have to ride on a bus which only goes round one way or if you decide to walk it could be quite a trek even to what looks like the adjacent part of the treminal.

Whatever some posters in this forum say about FRA it's not as bad as that in my view and T1 at least is well sign-posted. (Never been to T2.)