FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:53 pm
gvdIAD

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I stayed in both hotels last weekend. Both properties' lounges have a nice selection of canapes in the evening, though Jumeirah as a bit more to choose from (a chocolate fountain and fresh strawberries come to mind). The Creek has free wi-fi in the lounge. At Jumeirah Beach, there's no free wi-fi, and no free internet from either of the 2 computers in the executive lounge. There is a single computer in the business center hooked up to the internet, but I think there's a strictly enforced 10 minute time limit. Breakfast in the lounge at the Creek is continental, but I was told when I checked in that I could have the full buffet in the regular restaurant, which is excellent and has a bevy of choices. The Jumeirah lounge has hot food in addition to the continental. I know the Jumeirah lounge had a "pork station" at breakfast and think there was something similar in the main restaurant at the creek. The Creek's location is not as convenient to restaurants, shops, etc. as Jumeirah, but I enjoyed the walk into Deira and Bur Dubai. I was on executive floors at both properties. At Jumeirah, I got a suite, which was quite large and had two balconies. The room at the Creek was smaller and did not have a balcony. I liked both properties and would be happy returning to either. The Jumeirah lounge is quite a bit larger than the Creek lounge, but I didn't find either to be particularly crowded.