FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American and TWA to Stop Serving Meals in the Main Cabin...
Old Sep 21, 2001, 8:44 am
tudorcity

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
While I realize AA needs to save money, and am truly sorry for them re: last week's tragedies, I do not think it is reasonable to expect someone flying from DFW-HNL to go without food. This is an 8 hr. flight.</font>
I totally agree on this one - my wife, three year old, one year old and I are traveling in January from PHL to KOA via DFW and HNL.

Here's our schedule:

AA FLT 1261: Lv PHL at 5:47 AM, Ar DFW 8:32 AM

AA FLT 5: Lv DFW 9:30 AM, Ar HNL 2:05 PM

HA FLT 208: Lv HNL 3:35 PM, Ar KOA 4:15 PM

Let's see, we'll need to get to the airport at about 3:45 AM (no airport concessions will be open) and we'll have less than a one hour connection at DFW, lugging two toddlers, two carseats and carryons (including coloring books, crayons, etc.) That doesn't leave too much time to stop and buy any meals - So now are we going to have to bring along a gallon of milk and a bucket of KFC? I think this is a bit unreasonable.