FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: How long for SPG points to transfer TO an airline; and between SPG accounts ?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:09 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by sjssjs
Hi - I requested a transfer of SPG points to my Aeroplan account 8 days ago. They took the points out immediately from my SPG account but they are still not in my Aeroplan account.
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Starwood forum, sjssjs. I moved your query into the master thread for the topic. I've pulled out a couple recent experiences from this thread for you:

Originally Posted by yeunganson
SPG ->> Air Canada's Aeroplan 7 days (July, 2009)

William also confirmed to me in around 2007 that there are NO flush (speed-up) option for Aeroplan.
Originally Posted by Reason077
I initiated an SPG to Aeroplan transfer 2 weeks ago today, and the points have not yet arrived.

I'm rather disappointed with this as I just needed to top up with a few extra miles to get a reward flight, but due to Starwood's tardiness it looks like I'm going to just have to purchase the flight, so doing the transfer was a waste of time.

I'm assuming the problem is at the SPG end, since when I have done Amex->Aeroplan transfers in the past, the points have always arrived within about 48 hours.