FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:23 am
ag51

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/1016; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Originally Posted by thepla
I just stayed at this hotel. It does look very nice inside but Platinum members no longer get lounge access. I was also given a breakfast voucher for one person. I was there with my wife and was told no free breakfast for 2, only the member.

I did talk to the manager who explained that after renovation Plat members no longer get lounge and only one breakfast voucher. He did explain that a Plat can get the second breakfast for one-half off; I was not told that by the front desk at check-in. he did give me a second voucher since I was not informed at check-in.

IMHO I would not stay there anymore; there are several properties in AMS for either less points or a less expensive rate. With lounge access there is value to stay at a Crown Plaza for a little extra $$ or points but without that benefit it just becomes another hotel.
This is very new - I have stayed here a few times since the refurb was completed, last only two weeks ago, and always got lounge access (even on points stays)