FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Flyertalk showing all threads since 3/1/10
Old Mar 12, 2010, 5:43 pm
oklAAhoma

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
We made a change to the way the forum figures out which threads you're read and which you haven't. The way it was previously set was the least accurate method, and doesn't provide the best user experience. The method we're using now is extremely accurate.
Here's hoping it works as planned.

If you are correct that the new method is extremely accurate, it will be worth having spent a day being annoyed. The old settings were frustrating in that they were not always dependable. At times, recently viewed threads would remain on the list longer than they should have, yet at other times, threads on the list would disappear before I had read all of them.

On the front page, there is a button that says "Mark Forums Read" that will mark everything read. From this point on, the read / unread status of every thread should be completely accurate.
For those who are slow (like me), the "front page" refers to the "Forum Home" page. The link can be found in the drop down menu under "Forums". The "Mark Forums Read" button is near the bottom of the Forum Home page.

Since this change had such drastic results, we are still considering rolling back. We are working with the moderation staff to come up with the best solution.
If it truly is more accurate, I certainly hope there will not be a roll back. If even I can figure out how to mark forums read, other members should have no problem.