FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How does Delta use fare codes to upgrade passengers
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:03 am
mspnw1993

Originally Posted by GBadger
Sorry, but that does not include trans-oceanic (i.e. TATL, TPAC) flights. You will not be upgraded on these flights on PAID tickets, let alone award tickets. This was never ANY (official or not) benefit on NWA. The "unofficial" upgrades that were occuring there were only for a small number of PE/GE members, and only on PAID (again, not award) tickets.
I don't see anything in the fine print that excludes TATL and TPAC.

Will I get an upgrade on my existing Award Ticket booked in 2010? When will Award Ticket Upgrades clear?

Award Tickets that are booked once this benefit is launched will be eligible for an upgrade, based on the rules of the Award Upgrade program. Until then any existing Award Tickets will not be eligible for complimentary upgrades.
Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallions traveling on Award Tickets will clear beginning 1 day before departure but not until all Silver Medallions booked on discounted fares are cleared. Clearance will be based on tier level starting with Diamond Medallions.

Terms and Conditions:
Complimentary upgrades are subject to availability and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Taxes (and if applicable, fees) for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Offers and benefits subject to change without notice. Economy Award reservations will be upgraded to First Class beginning 24 hours prior to departure based on availability. Award upgrades are available for the Medallion member only.