FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Actions Speaks Louder Than Words: Did You Stop Flying Delta?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:35 am
luv2ctheworld

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Actions Speaks Louder Than Words: Did You Stop Flying Delta?

Apologies if this has been discussed before... there were many threads complaining about the devaluation of SM and the overall degradation of the FFP from NW Worldperk point of view. If this is a duplicate subject, please merge.

That said, I am interested to see if members here really have taken action and boycotted Delta and found an alternate airline.

For all the bellyaching (warranted or not), I wonder if there really has been sufficient defections or loss of loyalty to Delta that they would actually even realize or care about it.

I know many vocal FT'ers say that people should show their displeasure by not flying Delta, or vote with their wallets and give money to other carriers, but is that really happening? I think stating that one has burned/used up all their miles means very little. What makes a difference is if future revenue is lost.

Since FT is supposedly a community of (vocal) frequent flyers, I'd love to see ancedotal proof that Delta is actually impacted. Have you actually stopped flying Delta and specifically told them so (i.e. the SM program drove you away)?

Personally, as much as I detest what's going on, I have a total of 3 mileage runs booked with them in 1.5 months. Since I don't fly on the company dime, doing this out of my own pocket actually says I'm still putting up with it.

As a sidenote, Delta's tie in with AMEX is another source of Skymiles. Has anyone cancelled it in protest?

Last edited by luv2ctheworld; Mar 10, 2010 at 10:05 am Reason: EDIT: Highlight the "telling" Delta portion