FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T-Fares.....AGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 01, 6:22 pm
mjschill

T-Fares.....AGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A Small trip report on a T-Fare....

February 21st:
MJSCHILL: Hi, I need to go to Montreal on 3/13, return PM on 3/14, and would prefer AC.
TA: Lowest available fare is $465.
MJSCHILL: Is it upgradable?
TA: No...lowest upgradeable is $735
MJSCHILL: What about T...I, I heard it is upgradeable.
TA: Let's call AC. Hello AC, is a T-Fare upgradeable?
AC: YES
TA: The T-Fare is $528.
MJSCHILL: Book it.

March 1st, while talking to the Prestige Desk about another matter:

MJSCHILL: Before I leave, I booked a T-Fare last week becasue it was upgradeable, but I want to know if I should expect full miles?
PRESTIGEDESK: I'm very sorry to tell you this , however you won't be able to upgrade it...I'm not sure if you'll get full or half miles though, just let me....
MJSCHILL: PARDON!!! I booked this becasue your Sales rep said it was upgradeable!
PRESTIGE DESK: I apologize, this T-Fare is so new, and a lot of us don't completly know all the details yet. Let me call my supervisor.

tick, tock, tick tock....

PRESTIGEDESK: You're correct, the T-Fares are upgradeable, and you should expect full mileage credit.
MJSCHILL: Thank you for looking into it.

March 13, YYZ T-2 Rapidair-Montreal Desk, 8:00 AM

MJSCHILL: Hi, I have a T-fare seat on 404 at 9:00, and if there are seats available, I'd like to use a NA cert to upgrade please?
AC: I'm sorry sir, you need to have a Y or M ticket to upgrade.
MJSCHILL:
MJSCHILL: I BOUGHT THIS TICKET BECASUE YOUR PEOPLE SAID IT WAS UPGRADEABLE!!!!!!!
AC: Let me see your ticket please.
MJSCHILL:
AC: hmmmmm.....
AC: Just a moment, I'll call the helpline and see what they have to say.

tick, tock, tick, tock.

AC: I apologize Mr. Schilling, the fare is upgradeable, and we have lots of seats in J
MJSCHILL: (((((Did she just call me Mr. Schilling????)))))
AC: Mr. Schilling, just come down to the end of the desk, and I'll take care of you.
MJSCHILL: (((((She did call me Mr. Schiling))))
AC: Window or Aisle?
MJSCHILL: Window please...while your doing that, should I exp.... (interupted)
AC: I see your returning on 489 tomorrow at 3:30, I have you booked in 4F, so you won't have to explain or wait in Montreal tomorrow.
MJSCHILL: ((((COOL!!!!)))) Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

March 14th, Montrel Express Check-In Kiosk
MJSCHILL: [[[insert PRESITIGE card...cool 4F is there...TO THE LOUNGE, LET's DRINK!!!!]]]

Enter MLL across from Toronto Desk (Gate #1)

CRUSTY OLD LADY: Good Day, may I see your ticket?
MJSCHILL: [[[Gave ticket to crusty old lady]]]
CRUSTY OLD LADY: [[[looking down her nose, across her glasses]]] How were you expecting to upgrade this...its' a T-Fare?
MJSCHILL:
MJSCHILL: With a NA cert, just like I did yesterday.
CRUSTY OLD LADY: hmmmm....looks like there is a note on your file....hmmmm....well it looks like someone already called the help desk, so I uess I'll let this go.
MJSCHILL: (((((hmmm, these people really don't have a clue about their own policies)))) Thank you very much. [[[proceed to enter lounge]]]
CRUSTY OLD LADY: Excuse me, MR.SCHILLING
MJSCHILL: (((((hmmm...I think she's talking to me))))
CRUSTY OLD LADY: MR. SCHILLING, I'm very sorry, but as a Prestige member using an upgrade, it's against our policy for you to use the lounge. You'll have to wait in the gate area.
MJSCHILL: ((((Yep...she's talkin' to me))))
You're kidding me, right????
CRUSTY OLD LADY: No, I'm sorry but it is our policy.

I have a couple of closing thoughts and questions.

1) I have complete confidence that no AC employee can tell their nose from their ... hole at this point. This comment isn't a slap at the AC employees, because many of them throughout this ordeal were courteous and helpful (except for CRUSTY OLD LADY)... The slap is at management. No one in management has taken the time to train them properly on evolving corporate ticketing fares and policies.

2) You guys know more than anything....was CRUSTY OLD LADY correct in not allowing me to use the MLL, even though I had a boarding pass for J?

3) Q-Miles havn't posted yet....should I hold my breath for full mileage credit?