FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is CX that bad?
Thread: Is CX that bad?
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:54 pm
arthursiew

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Plat
Is CX that bad?

We are planning our trip to Asia this Summer and I keep hearing the horror stories about CX's new seats. We will be traveling from SFO to HKG, SIN, KUL, and PVG. Right now, I can choose to fly CX all the way through or SQ just to HKG and then LCCs such as Jet Star and Air Asia for the rest. I just have a few questions before I make the decision.

How are the seats in CX's 744? Will they be that bad for people between 5'3" to 5'6"?

How does StudioCX compare with KrisWorld?

How's the service and food compared to SQ?

Should I buy CX all the way through or SQ plus all the other LCCs?

If I chose the CX way, which departure from HKG should I choose? There is a midnight flight that arrives in SF at 10PM and a 14:00 that arrives SFO at around 11. Usually, the time difference wouldn't really affect me for flights arriving in the morning. I normally will be able to sleep usually around the early evening or late night and wake up at around 5-6. I never tried a night time arrival since I used to live in Shanghai where SFO arrivals are in the morning.

Oh yeah, is $1300 reasonable for SFO-KUL-HKG-SFO? Can it go any lower?

For SQ, their sale ends Mar 31 for flights until Jun 1. Should I wait past Mar 31 to see whether they have sales for later?

Last edited by arthursiew; Mar 9, 2010 at 6:12 pm