FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BP: GGG
Thread: BP: GGG
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:30 am
sunrisegirl
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Even if given that, no shame in public-facing employees being publicly open about what to expect.
I'm sorry but there is if they've been given written instructions that info is to be told on a "need to know" basis. If BA felt their passengers "needed" to know they would give you the full details on ba.com.

Originally Posted by heregiam
What is the reason for asking these questions at check-in? And what will happen if I give the 'wrong' answers?
My understanding is that it is the Government who requires these questions to be answered. Perhaps you should ask them what are the penalties for giving incorrect information.

However, if somebody refuses to answer or is stubborn (ie. bloody minded!) about it, then we will call a Duty Manager to deal with it. If people continue to be difficult I have known passengers be offloaded and the police called, though this is extremely rare. Thankfully, most passengers accept the need for the questions to be asked whether they like or agree with them.

Obviously we can't do anything about those who prefer to lie to us and it's disappointing some people behave that way, but unfortunately that's the way of life.
Shame as if they were honest, all that would happen is they'd be asked to accompany a staff member to the additional x-ray facility where it would take less than 5 minutes to scan their bag.

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Mar 9, 2010 at 2:59 pm